Thursday, May 3, 2007

Films: Peter Greenaway & Jean-Luc Godard

The films were an insight into the minds of other artists and their personal take on painting. As with many works of art, they were at moments seemingly confusing and hard to interpret, yet I found them intriguing and somewhat perplexing in a good sense.
To make a film about painting would be highly personal and would involve my personal experiences with art, examples of pieces that I feel are successful or that I enjoyed immensely painting, and possibly what I’ve learned (and am learning) about art. I do however believe it would be reasonably difficult to put across, or put into words, the feeling you get from creating a painting, or why you’ve painted something in a particular way, and this I believe is a reaction shared by many artists.

No comments: